Wednesday, September 12, 2007

MarryOurDaughter.org???--Never mind.

It's a good thing I can type, because I can't seem to get my jaw off the floor to tell anyone about this.

Marry Our Daughter is an introduction service assisting those following the Biblical tradition of arranging marriages for their daughters.

Those who wish to list their Daughters with our site should click on SIGN UP OUR DAUGHTER on our main page for a form to fill out.

Those who wish to propose to a specific Daughter should click on the PROPOSE button on the Daughter’s INFO CARD.


These girls all seem to be between 13 and 18! I tried to sign Máire up anyway (on our parents' behalf) but the damn sign-up link is broken. I hope they fix it soon, so I can cash in. It's the Christian thing to do.

September 13, 2007
Update: Thanks to
Brain for getting to the bottom of this and pointing out that this is, indeed, a hoax. Shame on me for forgetting to check out Snopes.com!

3 comments:

Brain said...

This is the effing creepiest thing I've seen in a long time. I especially enjoyed reading about Kyra, age 14-1/2, who "has little direct experience with the opposite sex."

Brain said...

Oh, I also wanted to say: Is this for real QUESTION MARK QUESTION MARK QUESTION MARK. (Why can't people take what Mark says at face value?)

Máire said...

Hoax? Whew.